I first tried this delicious Mexican dish in Amsterdam (crazy right!) It’s a delightful brunch dish with fresh vibrant flavours. Its quick and easy to make and healthy too. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 can mixed beans -I use 5 bean mix
1 small red onion
2 small tomatoes
1 garlic clove
3 tortilla wraps
A few sprigs of coriander
Dried chilli flakes (to taste)
Salt/Pepper (to taste)
Chilli Sauce of choice (optional)
- Finely chop the onion, tomato and coriander. You can chop the garlic too but I prefer a garlic press so it’s very fine.
- Drain the mixed beans and mix in with the fresh salsa. Add salt/Pepper/chilli flakes to your preference.
- Toast your tortilla’s in a dry frying pan and cut into triangles (or if your wanting a cheeky treat fry them in a little oil so they a crispy and golden)
- Fry your eggs so the yolk is still runny, this would also work with poached eggs.
- Squeeze in a little lime juice into your bean filling and scatter over the tortilla triangles.Place on the eggs. Cut the avocado and place half on each plate.
- Drizzle with chilli sauce (Cholula is a good Mexican choice otherwise anything with some spice will do) Enjoy!
TIP: Serve immediately so the tortillas don’t become too hard. If before serving they seem chewy, heat them on frying pan again till crispy.